- The order in which you tackle the cleaning of your car really does matter to prevent cross-contamination and the moving of dirt from one area to another.
Always start with the wheels, once the wheels are clean give them a rinse and foam on or spray a pre-wash, normally high or low PH (stick to PH neutral if coated – wax, ceramic etc) to attack and strip off the road film and various contaminants, let this dwell for a period and rinse off.
- Onto the wash – again foam on a PH-neutral shampoo but this time work with a microfibre wash mitt or sponge (I know a SPONGE, crazy right?). Make sure to use 2 buckets, one as a rinse bucket containing just water and the other with more shampoo to aid the lubrication.
- Once the wash is complete, rinse. At this stage you can use a drying aid to assist with drying the car, these can also add protection or at least a hydrophobic coating which helps push the water off the car, thus helping with the dying.
- We advise using a microfibre drying towel instead of a traditional leather shammy because of the added risk of damage associated with using a shammy.
- Once the car is dry, spray on or apply a wax sealant and off you go!
https://gliptoneeurope.com/wp-content/uploads/Gliptone_Logo-300x124.png 0 0 Webmaster https://gliptoneeurope.com/wp-content/uploads/Gliptone_Logo-300x124.png Webmaster2022-10-13 13:54:512022-10-13 13:54:51What is the best order to clean my car?
Company number 05694078
Telephone: 01244 726695